Monday, February 21, 2005

GOD

We don't think of God in that sense of, you know, anthropomorphic God, who hears, and who waves his hand and blesses and things like that. We believe that all that we experience, we undergo, is our own creation - Action and Reaction. And if simultaneously with prayer, I am able to do something to change what I have created myself, everything changes; and I think my prayer has been answered, whereas, it is my work upon myself that is having the effect.

So, God is neither the giver, nor the destroyer, nor the punisher, you see. It is us who punish ourselves, reward ourselves, make ourselves suffer and once this is understood, in a sense, the God to whom we have to pray is right here - in ourselves - you see. Therefore, we start meditation.

Taken from the Video Tape' Being There'-by Chariji."